“We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked, and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved, and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own communities to remedy this kind of poverty”
— Mother Teresa
Our goal at Off The Streets (OTS) is simple: open a low barrier homeless shelter in Billings as soon as possible so that all homeless in our community have a place to stay where they are warm, safe and feel welcomed.
Off The Streets (OTS) low barrier shelter plans to use a fresh approach that meets people where they are, where staff, volunteers and guests build personal relationships. From these personal relationships trust is established and becomes the foundation that helps those experiencing homelessness meet their self determined goals.
The shelter will provide:
- supportive housing and overnight sheltering for up to 250 men, women and children
- 120 low-income, dormitory style rooms with affordable rents giving tenants the self-satisfaction of paying rent with their own money
- 100 emergency overnight sheltering beds
- access to our community service providers to engage and help clients
- residents with a sense of belonging in a community setting
- transportation to include Mobile Outreach
- meals that fill the gaps when the homeless are most hungry
“Their world would look a whole lot different if they had a place to live, and so would yours.”